I made these last weekend, and had a few requests for the recipe, so figured I may as well post here!
What I love about this one is that there are so many options! I used chocolate chip cookie dough, but you could use peanut butter, sugar, SNICKERDOODLE (yup I screamed it) cookie dough, and any favorite ice cream. Go crazy 😉
No-Bake, Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cookie Dough (edible) – Make your own (overachiever), or go my route and just by some! Eat Pastry has an awesome gluten-free, vegan option
- Ice Cream – I used my favorite dairy-free option, NadaMoo, but again, you choose!
- Chocolate Chips – A few of my favorites that are Lilly’s (stevia sweetened) and Enjoy Life (vegan, dairy-free options)
1. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rollout cookie dough to desired thickness (~1/4″ is good). It may help to actually put a second layer of parchment on top of the dough while you roll to prevent sticking.
2. Stick in the freezer for ~30 minutes. You want it solid enough to cut but not too frozen.
3. Use a cookie cuter or pastry ring to cut out cookie dough circles.
4. Place back in the freezer for another hour.
5. Let your ice cream thaw for a few minutes. Remove your cookie dough from the freezer and start assembling! I used a cookie dough scoop but whatever works to place even rounds of ice cream on a cookie, top with ice cream, then another cookie. Press down lightly.
6. Once you’ve assembled all your sandwiches, place back in the freezer for another hour.
7. Melt your chocolate according to the package directions, but I recommend doing it in a small enough container so you have room to dip the sandwiches.
8. Remove your sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip into the chocolate. Place back on the parchment covered cookie sheet and put back into the freezer one more time. The chocolate will quickly harden, but you’ll want to freeze a bit longer to make sure your ice cream isn’t too melty.